If you are missing one tooth or several teeth, you have a few options for replacement. These options include dental implants, a fixed bridge, a removable partial, or a complete denture if all teeth are missing.
One of the most advanced ways to replace teeth is dental implants. Dental Implants are metal (titanium)/ceramic posts or frames that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. Implants act by replacing the root portion of the tooth, thus not only replace a tooth, but also support the bone beneath thereby preventing loss of jaw bone after tooth loss.
Dental implants prevent unnecessary cutting of adjacent natural teeth that occurs in the case of dental bridge placement thereby helps ensures the longevity and preserves the life of the remaining teeth in their natural form.
Dental Implants come in various sizes depending upon the size of the bone. Usually, what we need to do in size defined implants is that we need to cut the bone.
Using digitilization and 3 D technology, implants can now be customized to the size of the bone, thereby not causing any unnecessary bone cutting, need for sutures etc. The surgery is done via a computer simulation and this surgery is conducted with minimal incision and less pain through computer guided surgery solution via guiding splints.
Our team of dentists at Dent Ally, best dental clinic in Delhi, South Delhi, (Green Park and Vasant Kunj) are internationally trained in this latest technique of implant placement and are amongst the very few dentists in Delhi who place implants using this technique.
We have outlined below the benefits that patients experience through this surgery:
- This surgery is quick. Getting the implant placed usually only takes about 10-15 minutes. This makes the process a lot less stressful for a patient.
- This surgery is predictable because the entire surgery is planned three dimensionally. The 3-D CT scan and guided surgery provide precision placement of the implant for proper angulation and for easier recovery.
- Quick healing time is achieved by performing a “tissue punch”. Using this method to make a small hole in the tissue is far less evasive than other techniques that are commonly used.
- This form of surgery is less painful. There is no suture due to no incision, resulting in most favorable post implant healing.
- This surgery involves less bleeding as compared to a normal implant surgery
- Since no incision is made , there are no sutures given thereby reducing the inconvenience of sutures and leading to faster healing time.
- There is no damage of surrounding nerve or teeth due to the precision of the implant placed in the bone.
- This surgery is safe for the patients who suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure or underlying systemic disease. In such cases because of the less invasive nature and greater accuracyof digital implants the healing is faster and predictable.
- This technique is least traumati to bone and surrounding structures,as the implant and guide is customized according to the patient needs rather than selecting a closes match of stock implant.
- Right from the stage of treatment planning to the placement over the implant, the process is designed determined according to the rest of the teeth and the bite thus resulting in maximum aesthetics and excellent prognosis.
The image below clearly depicts the difference between a general surgery and a digitally guided surgery
In case you have been advised to go for dental implants by your dentist, we would strongly suggest enquiring about digital implants and
Dent Ally is listed as one of the best dental clinics in Delhi, South Delhi, Green Park and Vasant Kunj and is known for providing the best implant and bridge treatments. At Dent Ally, best dental clinic in Delhi, our specialized and experienced team of implantologists and prosthodontists aim at giving you the best implant and prosthetic treatment.
They have accreditations from USA, Germany and UK and have been associated with reputed hospitals such as Safdarjung and AIIMS.